Download Free VersionDownload a free 14-days trial
A great, free tool to clean up your PC
CCleaner for Windows is a free PC optimizer that frees up space on your computer by removing unnecessary files such as cookies, unused data, and temporary files. This Piriform’s programme runs regular checks and finds those elements that slow down your computer performance.
What is the CCleaner application?
CCleaner is used to clean and tune up the operating system of the PC. With CCleaner, we can carry out a thorough cleaning of the PC in a simple way, which will allow us to gain space on the hard disk and prevent the PC from slowing down.It is one of those free tools for PC that works exceptionally well when it comes to deleting temporary files.
CCleaner is a free, closed-source programme that can be downloaded to various devices and has been developed by the private software company Piriform Ltd, based in London, UK. Its launch date was September 23, 2003. Over the years it has undergone several updates and versions on the three platforms on which it is available: Windows, MacOS and Android.
By downloading CCleaner, the software allows the cleaning up of different files, as well as optimisation of the operating system. In addition, it is capable of uninstalling multiple programmes from the interface and disabling certain applications from being executed at system startup.
The benefits that the device in question derives from downloading CCleaner are improved boot speed, reduced system load and release of wasted disk space. Also, access becomes much faster.
What are the benefits of downloading CCleaner?
To be more specific, the useful tasks that CCleaner performs are as follows:
- Deleting unnecessary files
- Deleting temporary files and other data
- Freeing up hard disk space
- Disabling programs whose start-up is linked to the system boot
- Eliminating application waste
- Deleting browsing histories
- Cleaning the registry
- Identifying duplicate files
- Correcting errors that cause problems
In conclusion, a range of cleaning options allow hard disk space to be freed up, offer stability to the PC, reduce errors that occur during the use of the device and ensure navigation. Meanwhile, repairing the registry allows the elimination of obsolete data, thus repairing this area, which is of vital importance for the operation of computers.
Downloading CCleaner speeds up searching for information, whether in Firefox, Google Chrome or any other browser. When using the Internet, the computer or device collects a huge number of unnecessary files, such as cookies. Currently, these can be modified according to user preferences in line with privacy policies.
In addition, when running different programs, temporary files and other settings are saved. By downloading CCleaner, all these useless files can be removed, as well as browsing history. As a result, space is freed up on the hard disk, allowing the system to run faster. By focusing only on folders with relatively unimportant files, there is less risk of losing valuable files.
Thanks to the Startup of the application, it is possible to identify and select all those programmes that are not used but are activated when the computer is started. This speeds up the device startup.
Reduced risk of errors
An indication of the need to download CCleaner or another tool of this type is error messages or screen locks. This is due to broken or disused files. This free application includes the Registry Cleaner, which allows these errors to be identified and fixed.
As an additional advantage, the application itself informs you how much you need to back up to avoid losses.
Increased safety of navigation
Despite changes in the law and new regulations on data privacy terms and policies, not all websites offer the same ease of disabling cookies. Downloading CCleaner removes stored data such as passwords, search history, and cached data. This reduces the likelihood of experiencing identity theft or network fraud.
When downloading CCleaner, the user has the option of customising their cleaning options to suit their needs. For those with limited computer knowledge, the application offers some default settings. For the more advanced, the degree of selection can be more comprehensive and even specify the type of cookies.
What other versions are available when downloading CCleaner
In addition to the traditional version for downloading CCleaner, Piriform Ltd has developed two other modalities, CCleaner Browser, CCleaner Cloud and other versions such as Professional, Business or Technician.
According to Piriform's description, CCleaner Browser is a high-security browser that protects users' personal data and allows you to conceal your digital footprint. However, Avast recently acquired this application, so this tool has become the Avast Secure Browser but using the CCleaner icon.
CCleaner Cloud is an alternative to downloading CCleaner in its traditional version. This is an online platform hosted in the cloud and allows you to clean and optimise your computer from there. The advantages are that it is free, functional and it isn't necessary to be in front of the computer to connect the PC to the Piriform server.
For those users who wish to opt for the advanced options, the paid version is available, through a subscription.
The CCleaner rating
Little more needs to be said apart from the 2 million downloads since its market launch. Although a free application, its features are not necessarily matched by those of paying competitors or those offering premium level options.
In short, it's a tool with a very intuitive and easy to use interface, which allows its users to enjoy all its advantages. Piriform updates are also frequent so it will continue to improve its functionality in the future.
Some other free alternatives to CCleaner you might want to consider are Clean Master and BleachBit.
- CCleaner 5.84.9143 for Windows
- Windows 7,
- Windows 10,
- Windows 8.1,
- Windows 8
- Available languages:
- Latest update:
- Monday, September 13th 2021
Download Latest Version for FreeDownload a free 14-days trial
We don't have any change log information yet for version 5.84.9143 of CCleaner. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any changelog info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to ourContact pageand let us know.
- Total Registry
- Samsung Odin
- Power Saver
- Tenorshare 4MeKey
- Realtek HD Audio Drivers x64
- Bluetooth Driver Installer
- HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
- Microsoft PC Manager
- DriverPack Solution Online
- CCleaner BrowserCCleaner Browser is a new web browser that works extremely well. There are many benefits to this new web browser, but how does CCleaner Browser get my computer free of spyware and adware? Well the ans
- SCleanerCCleaner developed by Piriform (a software company based in Germany), is a powerful registry cleaner used to clear away potentially unwanted files and corrupted registry entries from a system. It's am
- IObit Advanced SystemCareIObit Advanced SystemCare is a software designed to speed your computer up. With the optimization, it also comes with security options that protect the internet connection from hackers. This app comes
- IObit UninstallerIObit Uninstaller is a free software that uninstalls programs and cleans up their leftovers seamlessly. The amount of available space on devices is important and determines the devices’ functionality.
- Wise Disk CleanerWise Disk Cleaner helps you claw back misused space on your hard drive by easily removing all sorts of redundant junk files, quickly.Wise Disk Cleaner has support for lots of different file fo
- Glary Disk CleanerGlary Disk Cleaner is a free utility for clearing unused and junk files on your Windows PC, much like CCleaner and Wise Disk Cleaner. It has an easy-to-use interface that provides suggestions for what
- GPEDIT.mscGpedit.msc is a free Group Policy Editor from Davhc for Windows 10 users. It makes it possible for users to edit Group Policy on their Windows 10 Home Edition. Group Policy is a way that you can edit
- Dism++Dism++ is a powerful app developed by Chiyu Team. It’s the world’s first DISM GUI implementation based on Component-Based Servicing (CBS). Dism++ is a complex mix of tools for optimising and cleaning
- UncheckyUnchecky is a small and lightweight application that has been designed to keep potentially unwanted programs off your computer by keeping your checkboxes clear during file installations.Th